All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionHarry Vanda and George Young put Friday on our minds, triggered Easyfever with the Easybeats, and harnessed the raw energy and power of Aussie pub rock to make superstars of AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, and the Angels. The day Vanda and Young met at Sydney's Villawood Migrant Hostel has been called the most significant moment in Australian music history. What followed, as members of the Easybeats, producers and mentors for George's brothers' band AC/DC, and songwriters of a diverse range of hits from 'Friday on My Mind', 'She's So Fine', 'Yesterday's Hero' and 'Love is in the Air' to 'Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again', has provided the soundtrack to the last 50 years. Featuring revelatory interviews with Vanda and Young and members AC/DC and the other chart-topping acts they worked with, this is the inspirational story of Australia's top songwriters, producers and starmakers.
- Author BiographyJohn Tait is a writer and the owner of Essendon 2nd Hand, a secondhand record and book shop in Melbourne, Australia.
- Author(s)John Tait
- PublisherUNSW Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUNSW Press
- Content Note50 b&w illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.