Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.33Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionGreat question. The answer is so splendidly simple. This book is about anything, everything and thing. It is an ideal companion on a bus or train, where regular interruptions are guaranteed, as every part of this book is very, very short. Ideal also for parents of young children who get interrupted a lot by screaming, crying and toilet training. Great too for those with a limited attention span. Ather terrific attribute of this book is that it is either cheap or free. This A or B choice is yours depending on where you source this book from. If you had to choose option A, it was t my fault. It was the distributer who ripped you off. While on this subject of price, I should point out that this book is only available for free in electronic formats. The reasoning is that trees are destroyed in the process. No chlorine, bleach, potassium or nuclear material is dumped into the environment as a result of paper manufacturing and therefore I have a much clearer conscience. As well as that, this e-book contains the mindless meanderings of an ageing Australian male lost in the alpine paradise of Switzerland, which in itself is probably eugh pollution anyway. However, due to a number of requests, which by a number, I don't mean a huge number by any means, I have given in to my environmental and ecomic highhanded attitude and ego too, and released this book in an environmentally damaging paperback. It's still cheap though! If you have already scanned through some of the chapter titles, you will have ticed that there is certainly rhyme, logic or theme in this book. The reason for this is that each short utterance captures my thoughts on a singular day during one silly twelve-month period of my life. Since I wrote this book, each passing twelve months has been just as silly, but I think documenting one of them is eugh. So get ready for a wild ride, or, ask for a refund w and read further.
- Author BiographyDerek Haines is an author of fiction, historical fiction, essays and poetry and writes his books from a view of what fascinates him and not from a formula based on one theme or genre. Starting with poetry before moving into essays and novels, his writing is varied but is always written in a style that communicates with and engages his readers. Most of all, the stories told by Derek Haines are about people, their feelings, regrets, hopes and struggles with life. Ordinary people, often a loser, but with extraordinary qualities that makes their story worth telling. While some stories reflect his own thoughts and beliefs, others are told from the view of characters who are sometimes dark and complex or childishly open. With splashes of allegory, black humour or simple satire, his stories can develop from the simplistic to the complicated and back again leaving the reader to decide if it is time to laugh or cry. Or both. Born in Australia, but now living in Switzerland with his wife and his dog, his stories cross a wide geographical range but often draw from elements of his life and experiences in the two countries he calls home. From the rugged, dry and hot desert country of Australia and its crowded cities to the cafes of Europe and the peaks of the Swiss Alps. The hustle and bustle of Sydney to the quiet life of the Swiss countryside. When not writing, he is usually doing what he equally enjoys. Teaching English.
- Author(s)Derek Haines
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.