Vanished Kingdoms: The History of Half-Forgotten Europe by Norman Davies (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.61Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Norman Davies, the acclaimed author of Europe: A History, comes the magical history of Europe's lost realms, selected as a Book of the Year by the Sunday Times, Daily Telegraph, New Statesman, Independent, Guardian and Financial Times. Europe's history is littered with kingdoms, duchies, empires and republics which have w disappeared but which were once fixtures on the map of their age. What happened to the once-great Mediterranean 'Empire of Aragon'? Where did the half-forgotten kingdoms of Burgundy go? Which current nations will one day become a distant memory too? This original and enthralling book peers through the cracks of history to discover the stories of lost realms across the centuries. 'Dazzling, provocative and brilliant' Dominic Sandbrook, Sunday Times, Books of the Year 'A lumius account ...there are few better ways of understanding the multilayered splendours and horrors of Europe's past than through the pages of this wise, humane and unfailingly engaging book' John Adamson, Sunday Telegraph 'Vanished Kingdoms is great history and also great art. It is written with verve, passion and profound empathy' David Marquand, New Statesman, Books of the Year 'A magnificent achievement. Brocaded with scholarship, the book is unlikely ever to be equalled' Ian Thomson, Independent
- Author BiographyNorman Davies was for many years Professor of History at the School of Slavonic Studies, University of London. He is the author of the acclaimed Vanished Kingdoms: The History of Half-Forgotten Europe (2011) and the Number One bestseller Europe: A History (1996). His previous books, which include Rising '44: The Battle for Warsaw (2003), The Isles: A History (1999) and God's Playground: A History of Poland (1981), have been translated worldwide. From 1997 to 2004 he was Supernumerary Fellow of Wolfson College, Oxford; he is now Professor at the Jagiellonian University at Krakow, and an Honorary Fellow of St Antony's College, Oxford. He is also a Fellow of the British Academy. He lives in Oxford and Krakow.
- Author(s)Norman Davies
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight622 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.