All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>From the bestselling author of <i>Europe: A History</i> comes a uniquely ambitious masterpiece that will thrill fans of lost civilizations</b> While Germany, Italy, France, and England dominate our conceptions of Europe, these modern states are relatively recent constructs. In this brilliant work of historical reconstruction, Norman Davies brings back to life the long-forgotten empire of Aragon, which once controlled the Western Mediterranean; the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, once the largest country in Europe, and the Kingdom of the Rock, founded by ancient Britons when neither England r Scotland existed. In the tradition of Jared Diamond's <i>Guns, Germs, and Steel</i>, Davies subverts our established view of the past and urges us to reconsider the impetus for the rise and fall of nations.
- Author Biography<b>Norman Davies</b> is the bestselling author of several acclaimed books, including <i>Europe: A History</i>; <i>Rising '44: The Battle for Warsaw</i>; and <i>No Simple Victory: World War II in Europe, 1939 1945</i>. He lives in Oxford, England, and Cracow, Poland.
- Author(s)Norman Davies
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight816 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.