Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last three decades the field of language teaching and learning has undergone a paradigm shift towards Communicative Language Teaching (CLT), which has put an emphasis on meaningful interaction and implied an abrupt departure from an extensive study of learner errors. Although learners in CLT classes are expected to be competent, yet t perfectly accurate communicators, the impact of the CLT paradigm on learner errors has t been investigated thoroughly. This study examines the extent to which the CLT paradigm shift has left its mark on learner errors. Written production is analyzed and compared with learner data recorded in the early stages of the shift to CLT. The data reveal that while morphosyntactic errors have t undergone drastic changes, discourse organization and lexical skills have improved.
- Author BiographyJoanna Pfingsthorn is a lecturer and research associate at the Institute of English and American Studies at the University of Oldenburg. Currently she serves as a substitute professor at the department of English Speaking Cultures at the University of Bremen.
- Author(s)Joanna Pfingsthorn
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleFremdsprachendidaktik Inhalts und Lernerorientiert
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight550 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.