All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionVariable Speed Generators, the second of two volumes in the Electric Generators Handbook, provides extensive coverage of variable speed generators in distributed generation and renewable energy applications around the world. The book delves into the steady state, transients, control, and design of claw-pole-rotor synchrous, induction, permanent-magnet-(PM)-assisted synchrous, and switched reluctance starter alternators for electric hybrid vehicles. It discusses PM synchrous, transverse flux PM, and flux reversal PM generators for low-speed wind and hydro energy conversion. It also explores linear motion alternators for residential and spacecraft applications. Numerous design and control examples illustrate the exposition. Fully revised and updated to reflect the last decade's worth of progress in the field, this Second Edition adds new sections that: * Address the ride-through control of doubly fed induction generators under unbalanced voltage sags * Consider the control of stand-alone doubly fed induction generators under unbalanced nlinear loads * Detail a stand-alone squirrel cage induction generator (SCIG) with AC output and a low-rating pulse-width modulated (PWM) converter * Present a twin stator winding SCIG with 50 percent rating inverter and diode rectifier, and a dual stator winding induction generator with nested cage rotor * Examine interior permanent magnet claw-pole-alternator systems for more vehicle braking energy recuperation, and high power factor Vernier PM generators * Depict a PM-assisted reluctance synchrous motor/generator for an electric hybrid vehicle, and a double stator switched reluctance generator with segmented rotor * Describe the grid to stand-alone transition motion-sensorless dual-inverter control of permanent magnet synchrous generators with asymmetrical grid voltage sags and harmonics filtering The promise of renewable, sustainable energy rests on our ability to design invative power systems that are able to harness energy from a variety of sources. Variable Speed Generators, Second Edition supplies state-of-the-art tools necessary to design, validate, and deploy the right power generation techlogies to fulfill tomorrow's complex energy needs.
- Author BiographyIon Boldea is a professor of electrical engineering at the University Politehnica Timisoara, Romania. A life fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Professor Boldea has worked, published, lectured, and consulted extensively on the theory, design, and control of linear and rotary electric motors and generators for more than 40 years.
- Author(s)Ion Boldea
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note456 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight1156 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Contained items statementContains 13 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.