All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Vassar College campus guide takes visitors on a series of chrologically arranged walks as the authors tell how Vassar developed as a physical expression of the changing nature of women's education. Matthew Vassar founded Vassar in 1865 by as a pioneer institution in women's education. Its site in the Hudson Valley was chosen for its seclusion and privacy. The campus grew from a single, multi-purpose academic-residential building to a complex and sophisticated environment that encouraged independence and diversity in its students. Major buildings by James Renwick, McKim, Mead & White; York & Sawyer, Eero Saarinen, Marcel Breuer, and Cesar Pelli grace the campus.
- Author BiographyLisa Reilly, Vassar College '78, is a professor in architectural history at University of Virginia; Karen Van Lengen, Vassar College '73, is dean of the School of Architecture, University of Virginia; and Frances D. Fergusson is President of Vassar College.
- Author(s)Karen Van Lengen,Lisa Reilly
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleCampus Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Note131 illus., 112 in color.
- Weight540 g
- Width158 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Photographs byWill Faller
- Foreword byFrances D. Fergusson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.