Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionA complete guide to choosing, using and cooking British veg. Gregg Wallace - presenter of BBC2's Masterchef and BBC Radio 4's Veg Talk and supplier of veg to London restaurants - comprehensively explores the veg grown in this country: the varieties, seasons, what you should look for when buying them, how to store them, how to prepare them and how to cook them. All the key cooking methods are covered, so, for example, for potatoes there is boiling, mashing, baking, roasting, chips and rosti. In addition there are more than 120 recipes, some of which will be inspired by the top London restaurants that Gregg supplies. Veg features a chapter on all the types of veg that are grown in Britain. Each chapter includes a section on history, varieties, buying, storing, preparing, and cooking. In addition there will be recipes suitable for eating as a starter or main course for all of the main varieties of veg.
- Author BiographyGREGG WALLACE presents Masterchef on BBC2. The second series of half-hourly programmes, due to be aired in the spring, will be shown 5 nights a week for 8 weeks. Gregg also presents Veg Talk on BBC Radio 4. He has a column in BBC Good Food magazine and will have a column in The Daily Mail during the period when Masterchef is aired.
- Author(s)Gregg Wallace
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication16/03/2006
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Out-of-print date29/03/2012
- Content Notec.60 colour photographs
- Weight1166 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Photographs bySimon Brown
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.