All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.37Trending at AU $27.53
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.67
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.70
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.28
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
About this product
- DescriptionKathy Freston wasn't born a vegan. The bestselling author and rewned wellness expert actually grew up on chicken-fried steak and cheesy grits and loved thing more than BBQ ribs and vanilla milkshakes. Not until her thirties did she embrace the lifestyle of a veganist-someone who eats a plant-based diet t just for their own personal well-being but for the whole web of benefits it brings to our ecosystem and beyond. Kathy's shift toward this new life was gradual-she leaned into it-but the impact was profound. Now Kathy shows us how to lean into the veganist life. Effortless weight loss, reversal of disease, environmental responsibility, spiritual awakening-these are just a few of the ten profound changes that can be achieved through a gentle switch in food choices.Filled with compelling facts, stories of people who have improved their weight and health conditions as a result of making the switch, and Q&As with the leading medical researchers, Veganist concludes with a step-by-step practical guide to becoming a veganist, easily and gradually. It is an accessible, optimistic, and illuminating book that will change the way you eat forever. No less delicious, still hearty and satisfying-just better for you and for all.
- Author BiographyKathy Freston is the author of the New York Times bestsellers The One and Quantum Wellness and of Expect a Miracle. She appears frequently on national television, including The Oprah Winfrey Show, Ellen, Good Morning America, The View, The Martha Stewart Show, and Extra. Her articles appear regularly on the Huffington Post and Alternet, and her work has been featured in Vanity Fair, Harper's Bazaar, Self, W, and Fitness, among other publications. She and her husband divide their time between New York and Los Angeles. Karen White has been narrating and directing audiobooks for more than a dozen years and has well over one hundred books to her credit. Honored to be included among AudioFile's Best Voices 2010 and 2011, she is also an Audie Award finalist and Best Audiobook of the Year winner and has earned multiple AudioFile Earphones Awards for narration and direction.Publishers Weekly says of Karen's narration of Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick, Karen White delivers a stunning reading, her character interpretations are confident and well-rounded, and she forges a strong bond with the audience. Speaking of Audiobooks says, Karen is one of my auto-buy narrators-if I think a book may interest me, her narration will sway me to give it a try.
- Author(s)Kathy Freston
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Karen R. J. White,Karen White
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time540
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.