All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVEGGIESTAN or 'land of the vegetables'. There is of course such word, and such country. But in this upbeat guide to Middle Eastern vegetarian cookery Sally Butcher proves that the region more than merits the term, and that its constituent nations are simmering, bubbling, bursting with sumptuous vegetarian traditions and recipes. Written in her trademark engaging and kwledgeable style, Sally takes a fresh look at many of the more exciting ingredients available on our high streets today as well as providing a host of delicious recipes made with more familiar fare. From fragrant Persian odle rice to gingery tamarind aubergines, pink pickled turnips and rose petal jam this book is filled with aromatic herbs and spices, inspiring ideas and all the kwledge needed to cook wonderful vegetarian food.
- Author BiographySally Butcher is the fiery-haired proprietress of the notable Persian food store Persepolis in Peckham, London, which she runs with her Persian husband, Jamshid. She is also a prolific author and blogger, who has amassed a devoted online following for her food-, shop- and Peckham-related musings. The foodie delights of the Middle East are her specialist subject, but she has been known to venture far and wide for inspiration. Her first book, Persia in Peckham, was published to critical acclaim and short-listed for the 2008 Andre Simon Award. It was also selected by the Sunday Times as their cookery book of the year. Her following tomes, Veggiestan and Snackistan, published by Pavilion, have also received critical acclaim.
- Author(s)Sally Butcher
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectVegetarian Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Content Note100 colour photographs
- Width195 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.