Vehicles of Inquiry: A Contemplative Journey by Sue Lewis (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
About this product
- DescriptionRecognizing that a VEHICLE is a conveyance through which ideas are expressed and believing that INQUIRY is a piece of the investigative search for truth, these VEHICLES OF INQUIRY aim to transport you from your current site to a more authentic place where you might wish to BE. The images began as an art collection of oil paintings, mixed media collages, drawings, and one of a kind fabricated silver and gold jewelry pieces shared in solo gallery shows. A book seemed a natural transition for the series. The title for each art work is presented in the form of a question. It is the intention that the title drives the vehicle. Each is without a driver, inviting you to climb aboard, navigate the journey, and ponder your responses. To fully appreciate the discoveries on this path will depend upon your willingness to become fully engaged with each vehicle. On this journey the only luggage needed is a wandering, wondering spirit and an open, curious mind. Happy Travel!
- Author BiographyMy art is funded from my years as a carefree child growing up at Lake Okoboji in NW Iowa. A typical day included climbing in the battered brown duck boat equipped with oars and a two and a half horse motor to begin a day's journey which often led to studying a warty frog sunning beside the elegant water lily, parking the boat to skip through the swampy reeds along the canal following the flight of the dragon fly, or stopping to dig the moist clay from beneath the mossy covered shore rocks. There were no time boundaries. Our daily journey was driven by the wonders of nature and innocent curiosity. My sailboat was an early teacher. On a windy day alertness, responsiveness, and courage were lessons; on a windless day patience, calm, and solitude prevailed. Thus as a child vehicles literally became part of my searching and seeing. My father modeled respect for the lessons of nature; my mother gave us freedom to play and encouraged exploring available art supplies. Both nurtured attention to detail. Childhood was my entry period into both the metaphoric and the art world. It launched my creative journey. Sharing this wonder became my life work. I spent thirty years as an Iowa educator, four in English, the rest teaching art k-12 with a focus on high school in the Des Moines Public Schools. I taught adjunct courses for Iowa State University, Drake University, the Des Moines Art Center, Heartland Area Education Agency, and the Iowa Architecture Foundation plus programs for national art conferences across the country. I still continue to facilitate workshops. My art pursuits have included solo gallery shows; participation in galleries in Iowa, Colorado, and Arizona; serving on art boards; and sharing through open studio shows. The art work has embodied metaphoric narratives, developed in series. The vehicles of Inquiry collection is the most current series. Sue Lewis
- Author(s)Sue Lewis
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width251 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.