All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents vehicular ad-hoc networks (VANETs) from the their onset, gradually going into technical details, providing a clear understanding of both theoretical foundations and more practical investigation. The editors gathered top-ranking authors to provide comprehensiveness and timely content; the invited authors were carefully selected from a list of who's who in the respective field of interest: there are as many from Academia as from Standardization and Industry sectors from around the world. The covered topics are organized around five Parts starting from an historical overview of vehicular communications and standardization/harmonization activities (Part I), then progressing to the theoretical foundations of VANETs and a description of the day-one standard-compliant solutions (Part II), hence going into details of vehicular networking and security (Part III) and to the tools to study VANETs, from mobility and channel models, to network simulators and field trial methodologies (Part IV), and finally looking into the future of VANETs by investigating alternative, complementary communication techlogies, invative networking paradigms and visionary applications (Part V). The way the content is organized, with a differentiated level of technical details, makes the book a valuable reference for a large pool of target readers ranging from undergraduate, graduate and PhD students, to wireless scientists and engineers, to service providers and stakeholders in the automotive, ITS, ICT sectors.
- Author BiographyClaudia Campolo is an Assistant Professor of Telecommunications University Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria, Italy Antonella Molinaro is an Associate Professor of Telecommunications University Mediterranea of Reggio Calabria, Italy Riccardo Scopigno is the Head of Multi-Layer Wireless Solutions (MLW) Research Area Istituto Superiore Mario Boella (ISMB), Torino, Italy.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note123 black & white illustrations, 77 colour illustrations, 37 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1072 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAntonella Molinaro,Claudia Campolo,Riccardo Scopigno
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.