All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive reference book on the life and works of Diego Velazquez, the most important painter in the Spanish Habsburg court of King Philip IV. It offers a fascinating study of this individualistic artist's education, family life and influences, and all his outstanding works. It explores Velazquez' progression from painting pictures of everyday life to portraits of the Spanish royal family, tably the artist's crowning achievement in his most recognized work, Las Meninas . It features a wonderful gallery of Velaquez' paintings, accompanied by an expert analysis of each work, and a description of his style and technique. Called the greatest Spanish painter by Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali, Diego Rodriguez de Silva y Velazquez was born in 1599 in Seville, and as early as 1620, he was established as a painter, producing many genre scenes, tably Old Woman Frying Eggs , and religious subjects, such as The Adoration of the Magi and Christ in the House of Martha and Mary . This informative book outlines his royal connections and influences and describes his most dramatic and emotive works. There is also a magnificent gallery of 300 glorious images. This beautifully illustrated book is essential reading for anyone who would like to learn more about this master of painting, who influenced so many later artists, and whom Edouard Manet called the 'painter of painters'.
- Author BiographySusie Hodge has an MA in the History of Art by Research from the University of London. She has taught part-time for 15 years in secondary, further and higher education on subjects including Art & Design. As an author and illustrator, Susie has written over 30 books for children and adults. She is the author of Secret History of The Knights Templar (also published by Lorenz Books).
- Author(s)Susie Hodge
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Note500 images
- Weight1633 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.