All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.08Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis new series examines several highly regarded masterpieces in an attempt to unravel the mysteries that surround them. Through an invative concept and a fresh approach, Art Mysteries, edited by Carminati and Stefa Zuffi, presents an up to date and spectacular reading of famous paintings, investigating key clues that suggest previously unkwn background information. Velazquez's 'Las Meninas', w at the Prado in Madrid, is one of the most famous paintings ever. It was executed in 1656 in Madrid and depicts the Infanta Margaret Theresa of Spain surrounded by ladies-in-waiting (Las Meninas) and in the company of the painter, who portrays himself at work. But is this really the subject of the painting? A journey through the historical events of the painting and a meticulous analysis of all the figures present on the scene will allow the reader to in part resolve the many puzzles that still shroud this supreme masterpiece of the European Baroque.
- Author BiographyMarco Carminati was awarded a degree in Medieval and Modern Art History at the Universita Cattolica in Milan in 1986. A professional journalist, since 1990 he has been head of the art, architecture and cultural heritage section of the 'Domenicale', the Sole 24 ORE s Sunday cultural supplement. He has written monographs on Italian Renaissance painters (Piero della Francesca, Cesare da Sesto, the illuminator Master BF), and on Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. He recently published 'Il Davide in Carrozza' (Milan, 2009) the first history of the fantastic adventures of works of art while being transported.
- Author(s)Marco Carminati
- Publisher24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Date of Publication25/01/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Imprint24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Content Note20 Colour
- Weight358 g
- Width210 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.