All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.53
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.27
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.68
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.40
About this product
- DescriptionIt's hard to be Velma, the littlest Gratch, entering the first grade. That's because everyone has marvelous memories of her two older sisters, who were practically perfect first graders. Poor Velma--people can barely remember her name. But all that changes on a class trip to the magnificent Butterfly Conservatory--a place neither of her sisters has ever been. When a monarch roosts on Velma's finger and won't budge for days . . . well, one will forget Velma ever again. Acclaimed and bestselling illustrator Kevin Hawkes and author Alan Madison celebrate everything butterfly--from migration to metamorphosis. Watch as Velma Gratch metamorphosizes from a timid first grader into a confident young scientist!
- Author BiographyALAN MADISON is the author of The Littlest Grape Stomper and Pecorino's First Concert, in addition to being a film and television writer. KEVIN HAWKES is the illustrator of many well-loved books for young readers, including Chicken Cheeks by Michael Ian Black, Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen, Weslandi a by Paul Fleischman, and My Little Sister Ate One Hare by Bill Grossman. He is also the author and illustrator of The Wicked Big Toddlah and its sequel The Wicked Big Toddlah Goes to New York.
- Author(s)Alan Madison
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width231 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kevin Hawkes
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.