All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- Description'Everyone falls at the same rate. Isn't that amazing? Everyone. Everything. A fat man. A little baby. A brick, a piece of paper, a penny. Amazing. Once acceleration gets a hold of you velocity just goes all f***in' nuts' Dot doesn't hate her father, she just wants to explode him out of his office tower to shake things up. Set him off. See what happens. And get an A on her science project...Daring to challenge the law of physics, Dot interviews her flailing father and neurotic mother, as their world crashes to the ground. Just imagine. Your life in six seconds. Velocity was originally produced at Persephone Theatre, Saskatoon, as part of the Saskatchewan Spring Festival of New Plays. It won the New Works of Merit playwriting competition in New York City, and received its US premiere with Twilight Theatre at the HERE Space in New York City in 2012. It was also seen as part of the Lark Play Development Centre's Playwrights' Festival in New York City.
- Author BiographyDaniel Macdonald is an award-winning playwright, teacher and director. Most recently, his play A History of Breathing received its world premiere at Persephone Theatre in Saskatoon and was short-listed for the national Carol Bolt Award. It is published by Playwrights Canada Press. Other plays include Pageant, MacGregor's Hard Ice Cream and Gas, Mercy, Radiant Boy and Johnny Zed The Musical! (The Musical). His film series Redemption, SK was televised in Canada and nominated for a Canadian Independent Series Award. As a teacher, Daniel has co-written several plays with and for high school students including Blind Love which was performed at the 2013 Edinburgh Festival. He is a recipient of the Enbridge National PlayRites award (Alberta Theatre Projects), a two-time recipient of the City of Regina Writer's Award, and a two-time recipient of the SMPIA award for acting. He continues to teach high school and university classes, and splits his time between Saskatchewan and Prince Edward Island.
- Author(s)Daniel Macdonald
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight127 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.