Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.15
About this product
- DescriptionLudie, a young unwed mother escapes the harsh realities of being t only a woman in the early 1920s, but also having to endure the imprisonment of being born in the wrong skin. While Ludie seems indifferent to the oppression surrounding her, she finds comfort and a new life by disappearing down a dusty Southern road. As mothers do, Ludie passes down a slew of insecurities and skewed ideals to three generations of women. Finding forgiveness instead of fault, each generation is forced to deal with her mother's pas in order to build upon her own future. Velvet is a series of vignettes chronicling poignant conversations and pivotal moments in the lives of women, all connected by blood, circumstance and the common tug-of-war that is mother/daughter.
- Author(s)Holly Charles
- Date of Publication27/11/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight179 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.