All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionWhen socialist Salvador Allende won Chile's presidential election in 1970, a powerful cultural movement accompanied him to power. As the CIA actively funded opposition against Allende, the New Chilean Song Movement rose to prominence, persuading voters with its music. Victor Jara became an icon in Chile and beyond for his revolutionary lyrics and life. A short cultural history, Venceremos' charts the movement from Allende's victorious campaign to the brutal U.S.-backed military coup in 1973, which overthrew Allende and imposed Dictator Augusto Pichet.'
- Author BiographyGabriel San Roman is a multimedia journalist. He is a former coproducer for KPFK Pacifica Radio and a writer for the Orange County Weekly. His work has appeared in numerous outlets, including Common Dreams, Truthout, and Z Magazine. He lives in Anaheim, California. T. M. Scruggs has taught at the Universidad Centroamericana, Florida International University-Miami, and was the sole ethnomusicologist at the University of Iowa. His research focuses on the use of music to construct social identity and effect change, primarily in the Americas. He lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Gabriel San Roman
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight65 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.