All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionJanuary 1932: Ben MacCarthy and his father watch a vagabond variety revue making a stop in the Irish countryside. After a two-hour kaleidoscope of low comedy, juggling, tumbling, and other entertainments, Ben s father, mesmerized by Venetia Kelly, the troupe s magnetic headliner, makes a fateful decision: to abandon his family and set off on the road with Miss Kelly and her caravan. Ben s mother, shattered by the desertion, exhorts, Find him and bring him back, thereby sending the boy on a Homeric voyage into manhood. Interweaving a host of unforgettable creations King Kelly, Venetia s violent, Mephistophelean grandfather; Sarah Kelly, Venetia s mysterious, amoral mother; and even a truth-telling ventriloquist s dummy named Blarney Frank Delaney unfurls a splendid narrative that spans half the world and a tumultuous decade.
- Author BiographyFrank Delaney is the author of the New York Times bestselling novel Ireland, as well as Tipperary, Shannon, and Simple Courage: A True Story of Peril on the Sea. A former judge for the Man Booker Prize, Delaney enjoyed a prominent career in BBC broadcasting before becoming a full-time writer. Born in Tipperary, Ireland, he now lives in New York City and Connecticut.
- Author(s)Frank Delaney
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Trade Paperbacks
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Weight236 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.