All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionBy October 1967... the Summer of Love is history, rock and roll is dark and revolutionary, and people in the small East Texas community of Center Springs want only a quiet life. Unluckily, two years earlier, Anthony Agrioli met newlyweds Cody and Norma Faye Parker in a Vegas casi and heard their enthusiastic descriptions of Center Springs as the perfect place to settle down and raise a family. Now handsome hit man Agrioli and a blonde bombshell full of surprises need a place to hide out and, if possible, duck retribution from his Las Vegas crime boss. Thirteen-year-old Top Parker has what his grandmother, Miss Becky, calls a Poisoned Gift. His dreams, though random and disconnected, always seem to come true. This time Top dreams he's a wagon wheel with spokes converging from all directions. To him, the spokes symbolize that something is coming. And it is--Center Springs will soon become a combat zone when a squad of gangsters arrives. Oddly, they're after something else. Not Agrioli--yet. Add a sheriff crooked as a dog's hind leg, an unsolved murder in the river bottoms, counterfeit money, and a bank robbery to this country-ir Shakespearian comedy, cast it with Wortham's real and sometimes wacky characters including a constable and a judge, and the outcomes become unpredictable.
- Author BiographyAuthor Reavis Z. Wortham's first novel, The Rock Hole, is described by Kirkus Reviews as an unpretentious gem written to the hilt and harrowing in its unpredictability. Kirkus also listed it as one of the Top12 Mysteries of 2011. Burrows, the second Red River Mystery, received a Starred Review by Publishers Weekly: Wortham combines the gonzo sensibility of Joe R. Lansdale and the elegiac mood of To Kill a Mockingbird to strike just the right balance between childhood innocence and adult horror. The New York Times called The Right Side of Wrong, A sleeper that deserves wider attention. His critically acclaimed Red River series is here to stay as Vengeance is Mine is scheduled for release in summer, 2014.
- Author(s)Reavis Z Wortham
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleRed River Mysteries (Paperback)
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.