All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $13.01
About this product
- Description1864, the tail-end of the Civil War in Tennessee. A Confederate soldier wakes up underneath his dead horse with little memory of his past life. Isolated and wounded, he crawls to safety, managing to survive the frigid nights in the wild. Foraging for supplies, he discovers an unusual horse, who he names Dirt and a mule named Red. Saving a local Reverend and his wife in a chance encounter, the man slowly becomes a local legend, offering medical assistance, as well as brute-force solutions to the problems caused by bushwhackers and scalawags. Join Dr. McCollum Self as he fights murderers, rapists, and his own demons, in a desperate quest to survive a country torn in two and discover who he really is.
- Author BiographyDaniel R Holladay DVM is a native Tennessean, a multi-degreed historian, mathematician, chemist, Veterinarian, Public Health Officer for the USDA, ex law enforcement, Federal Investigator and full-time author. He worked as a cancer researcher at Oak Ridge National Laboratories in Oak Ridge, TN, then spent 20 years as a Federal Investigator, and eight years as a Deputy Sheriff. He has been a hunter, a tennis player for more than thirty years, and a University Tennis Coach. Daniel has traveled extensively in the United States and Western Europe. His many life experiences, his childhood in the countryside of West Tennessee and his extensive formal education have provided him with the expertise to write this book, to entertain, teach and involve the reader, with accuracy, emotion and wit. Holladay has one son, who works in the Department of State and a wife of nearly 50 years. He considers the writing process a pleasure and hopes to enlighten and entertain a broad demographic with his work.
- Author(s)Daniel R Holladay DVM
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.