Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is mainly a crime story with a heartwarming love theme built in to the context. The crime is the illegal sale and distribution of drugs through the equine sports of horse racing and show jumping and how the sports became infiltrated by shady owners and people working within the two sports-for instance, race horse trainers and jockeys. The vel takes you on a journey at breakneck speed on how the drugs come into the country and are then dispersed through a network of outlets on the racecourses all over the south of England. Furthermore, the vel tackles how the drugs are passed to customers in such a unique manner without money actually changing hands. The vel tells the story of the jockey club's security agents, Discreet Intelligence Reports & Technical Services (DIRTS), an independent company that deals with all the jockey club security problems, with the jockey club running horse racing in Great Britain. Steve Hurst is the main character in the vel, and DIRTS is his company. The two sports are being swamped with the illegal sale and distribution of cocaine and heroin. Steve loses his fiancee, Jane Coe, an international show jumper, to the influences of drugs as she falls for a fellow show jumping junky, Chris Cobb. Steve falls into the arms of one of his employees, Laura, and the love story quickly gathers pace. But who wants to kill Laura and Steve, what do they kw, and can Chief Inspector Heyes of the Sussex Police Constabulary save them in time before the contract killer strikes? Initial Review of Vengeance; Readers Digest Magazine. VENGEANCE which is supurbly crafted, intricately detailed story is by turns joyful, sorrowful, and uplifting. A must-read story of relationships, prejudice, and a vivad paean for justice. Overall this fine book offers well-drawn, human characters and logically flowing action.. all written in a striking style If you enjoyed Vengeance, the sequel, The Secret Syndicate, is under way! It's set in Sussex and filled with more intrigue regarding the horse-racing industry. (Release date: September 2015.) Find out how Steve and Laura, Ricky and Charlie, and DCI John Heyes crack their second case. Will Miles and Natalie get together? And how will Laura deal with a yard full of horses? Ronald Moore had the incredible experience of working as an assistant trainer in a racing yard during the late 1980s and early 1990s. He has also held a jockey's licence during that time and rode in races. His niece was an international showjumper who represented her country many times before turning to race riding; she rode in two Grand Nationals. Ronald has always been interested in horse racing and showjumping, and has owned many racehorses and showjumpers over the years. One of his favourite authors is Dick Francis, who wrote many vels based on the horse-racing theme. Jilly Cooper, famed for her book Riders, set in the promiscuous showjumping world, is ather author he admires. Vengeance is Ronald's first vel, and he sought to blend racing and showjumping as the story's backdrop, peppering the action with romance, as well as various criminal activities regarding the illegal sale and distribution of drugs. This provides a unique spin on this tried-and-trusted equestrian theme that has served countless authors so well in the past. Ronald intends to utilise the main characters in this vel in the sequel which he is writing at the moment. He hopes the poignant scenes and moral issues threaded through the story, together with the romance and fast-paced action, will make Vengeance a memorable and enjoyable read.
- Author(s)Ronald a Moore
- Date of Publication07/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.