All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionSince Aristotle, the study of rhetoric has focused on the persuasive aspect of verbal discourse in the political, forensic and ceremonial domains. Rhetoric deals with doxa, with public discourse and persuasion as they develop in a world with absolute kwledge, certainty or fixity. Changing cultural and political conditions urge us to discuss the status, scope and value of rhetorical studies as a discipline. One of these conditions is the increasing influence of visual communication. This collection brings together work that examines how rhetoric functions at this moment and how it balances tradition and renewal. It discusses new theoretical perspectives and it proposes different rhetorical analyses of actual topics. A substantial part of the collection focuses specifically on the issue of (new) media discourse and visual rhetoric as it appears in pictures, graphics, cartoons, documentaries and videos.
- Author BiographyHilde van Belle is associate professor at the Department of Applied Language Studies at Catholic University Leuven (campus Antwerpen) and board member of Rhetoric Society of Europe.
- PublisherLeiden University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- Series TitleRhetoric in Society
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintLeiden University Press
- Weight694 g
- Width1560 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBaldwin van Gorp,Dorien van de Mieroop,Hilde van Belle,Kris Rutten,Paul Gillaerts
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.