All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe issues surrounding the function and meaning of vernacular architecture in the twenty-first century are complex and extensive. Taking a distinctively rigorous theoretical approach, this book considers these issues from a number of perspectives, broadening current debate to a wider multidisciplinary audience. These collected essays from the leading experts in the field focus on theory, education and practice in this essential sector of architecture, and help to formulate solutions to the environmental, disaster management and housing challenges facing the global community today.
- Author BiographyLindsay Asquith worked with Paul Oliver on the compilation of the Encyclopedia of Vernacular Architecture of the World (1997) and subsequently as a Research Associate in the Department of Architecture at Oxford Brookes University. She completed her PhD in 2003 and now works as an Architectural Design Consultant in the housing sector. Marcel Vellinga is a Research Fellow in the Department of Architecture at Oxford Brookes University, England. He is the author of Constituting Unity and Difference: Vernacular Architecture in a Minangkabau Village (2004) and of various articles dealing with the anthropology of architecture in Indonesia. He is currently co-editing, with Paul Oliver, the Atlas of Vernacular Architecture of the World.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 44 black & white halftones, 25 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byLindsay Asquith,Marcel Vellinga
- Foreword byNezar AlSayyad
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.