All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- Description<p> The first two generations of Asian American drama articulated experiences and issues of race and identity. In this anthology, a new generation of Asian American playwrights explores the myriad ways in which Asians live in America. --Editor Chay Yew<p>This first major anthology of contemporary Asian American drama in almost two decades collects the following: Julia Cho's Durango ; Sunil Kuruvilla's Rice Boy ; Han Ong's Swoony Planet ; Sung R's Wave ; Diana Son's Boy ; Alice Tuan's Last of the Suns ;and Chay Yew's Question 27, Question 28. These are works that readily combine the Medea myth with wave-particle physics; that nimbly move between a field in Kitchener, Canada, and a treetop in Kerala, India; that fully explore complexities of gender, sexuality, and family, demonstrating the cultural and aesthetical diversity of the new generation.<p>Also included is The Square, a choral piece by sixteen leading playwrights (including Maria Irene Fornes, Jessica Hagedorn, David Henry Hwang, Craig Lucas, Jose Rivera, and Mac Wellman) meditating on 120 years of relationships between n-Asian Americans and the Asian American community, set in a public square of an American city's Chinatown.<p>Chay Yew is a ted playwright and director whose work has been produced Off Broadway and across the United States. He has served as head of the Asian Theatre Workshop at the Mark Taper Forum, and he is a former resident director at East West Players.
- Author BiographyChay Yes is a noted playwright and director in who's work has been produced in numerous theatres across the US. He is the former director of the Asian Theatre Lab at the Mark Taper Theatre and is on the executive board of the Society for Stage Directors and Choreographers. He lives in Los Angeles.
- PublisherTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTheatre Communications Group Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byChay Yew
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.