All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book methods from Operations Research and Game Theory are used to determine companies' profit-maximizing strategies related to pricing and (cooperative) advertising. It considers different supply chain structures as well as various distributions of power, making it possible to analyze both inter-echelon and intra-echelon dependencies between the companies' decisions. Additionally, an approach based on fuzzy set theory is presented in order to compensate for incomplete or missing data on market characteristics. Vertical cooperative advertising is an essential element of partnerships between manufacturers and retailers, allowing manufacturers to financially support their retailers' advertising efforts so as to increase sales for the entire supply chain. Given that such programs t only make up a considerable part of many companies' advertising budgets, but are also a controversial subject in many business relations, their correct design is of particular importance.
- Author BiographyGerhard Aust is researcher and lecturer at the Chair of Industrial Management at the TU Dresden, Germany, where he leads a working group in Operations Management. He has published several articles in the field of operations research and supply chain management and serves as a reviewer for renowned journals. Furthermore he is engaged in consulting projects with partners from different industries.
- Author(s)Gerhard Aust
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/12/2014
- Series TitleContributions to Management Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight426 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.