All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe limitations of a tiny space, rather than inhibiting designers, often result in some of the most invative and exciting retail design. While small shops offer the chance for famous designers to experiment and showcase their skills for the retailers who can afford them, other independent retailers will be competing for the same customers and looking for ideas to implement on their own. This book brings together some of the best recent, invative examples of small store designs from around the world. All the shops measure less than 150 square metres (many much less), and are grouped by size, with explanations and tips from their designers. Types of outlet featured include fashion, accessories, opticians, techlogy, food and confectionary. The book is divided into three sections: small shops, smaller shops and tiny shops. Each section begins with an interview with a designer of a small shop, explaining the creative opportunities and difficulties in greater detail. This book will be inspirational for retail designers and small shop owners looking to create their own big statement in a small space.
- Author BiographyJohn Stones is a freelance writer and former features editor of Design Week. He has worked for Icon and Marketing Week as well as contributing to national newspapers and editing a magazine for Virgin Atlantic. He has a PhD from the Courtauld Institute of Art and his first book, Total Design Sourcebook: Display, was published in September 2008.
- Author(s)John Stones
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication12/10/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note233 colour illustrations
- Weight1060 g
- Width195 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.