All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe two stroke Vespa is rightly regarded as an iconic scooter. It's initial purpose was to provide low cost transportation to the masses in the 1950s, but it evolved through the vibrant '60s to became a symbol of the burgeoning youth culture, and on into the '90s when it became firmly entrenched as an Italian icon. The history of this phemen has been well documented, as has the subculture that surrounds it, but there has been previous attempt to provide a guide to buying one of these classic scooters. This book will help ensure that you avoid the main pitfalls and end up with your very own slice of La Dolce Vita on the driveway.This Essential Buyer's Guide is packed with good advice from running costs, paperwork, vital statistics, valuation and the Vespa community, right through to whether your scooter will fit in with your lifestyle. This is the complete guide to choosing, assessing and buying the Vespa of your dreams.
- Author BiographyA dedicated petrolhead, Mark Paxton has been addicted to two wheels since first wobbling unaccompanied on to the road over 35 years ago. His entire working life has revolved around vehicles, initially in transport management, then through running his own garage, and latterly writing for classic car and motorcycle magazines. He also has a number of other books to his name, including several other Essential Buyer's Guides, and How to Restore a Volkswagen Bus, also published by Veloce. A long-term admirer of Vespas for their engineering as well as their style, Mark uses a PX daily.
- Author(s)Mark Paxton
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Series TitleEssential Buyer's Guide Series
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Weight136 g
- Width139 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.