All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionLivestock production systems and some husbandry practices are prone to producing veterinary important entomological concerns. In addition, various arthropod-borne diseases-such as West Nile and some types of encephalitis-can affect both humans and animals. To circumvent these problems successfully, a solid understanding of veterinary entomology should be the foundation of comprehensive animal-health programs and production management practices. Veterinary Entomology: Livestock and Companion Animals is a comprehensive guide to the recognition, biology, importance, and control of insects and related arthropods that may be encountered in animal husbandry practices and with companion animals. Unlike similar books, this single-authored textbook is focused exclusively on the veterinary aspects of entomology. In 15 highly readable chapters, it addresses the details of livestock/companion animal pest management within the current trends in pest management techniques and available techlogy such as pest surveillance and detection. Richly illustrated with more than 200 figures and a four-page color insert, the book discusses pertinent information on host-pest relationships, pest control methodology, identification, and biology of important pest groups, emphasizing those arthropods specifically associated with livestock and poultry production systems and those affecting companion animals. Written by a leading entomological expert, this book includes coverage of: * Cattle * Swine * Sheep and goats * Poultry * Domestic pets * Horses Veterinary Entomology: Livestock and Companion Animals is an excellent resource for all those involved with the handling and research of livestock and companion animals, as well as students in entomology, agriculture, and veterinary science.
- Author BiographyRalph E. Williams, PhD, D-ABFE, is a Professor of Entomology at Purdue University and the Director of the Purdue Forensic Science Program. His area of focus is with arthropods of public health and veterinary importance and forensic entomology. As a veterinary entomologist, his emphasis is placed on addressing the continuous need for development of pest management strategies relative to the protection and productivity of livestock and poultry.
- Author(s)Ralph E. Williams
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/12/2009
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note204 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.