All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVeterinary Hematology and Clinical Chemistry, Second Edition is a well-illustrated, user-friendly reference on veterinary laboratory diagstic techniques and interpretation. Covering both hematology and chemistry for a wide range of species, including birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish, the book provides an overview of these critical veterinary skills. This Second Edition includes many revisions and additions, including new chapters on molecular diagstics of hematologic malignancies and lipid pathology, updates to reflect advances in diagstic instrumentation and capabilities, significant revisions to the data interpretation chapter to provide introductory guidance, and current information on immudiagstics and laboratory diagstics of renal, endocrine, and calcium metabolic pathologies. Beginning with the basic principles of laboratory testing and diagsis, the book moves into in-depth information on hematology and chemistry of common domestic and n-domestic species. Clinical case presentations, supplying case data and offering narrative discussions to promote skills, have been expanded and incorporated into the body of the book. Packed with useful information for veterinary students, technicians, pathologists, and researchers, Veterinary Hematology and Clinical Chemistry is an essential addition to any veterinary library.
- Author BiographyMary Anna Thrall, DVM, MS, DACVP, is a Professor and Section Chief, Department of Pathobiology at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Basseterre, St. Kitts, West Indies. Glade Weiser, DVM, DACVP, is a Professor, Special Appointment, in the Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado. Robin W. Allison, DVM, PhD, Dipl ACVP, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Terry W. Campbell, DVM, PhD is a Professor in the Department of Clinical Sciences at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Weight2110 g
- Width225 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byGlade Weiser,Mary Anna Thrall,Robin Allison,Terry Campbell
- Edition Statement2nd Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.