All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionVeterinary Microbiology, Third Edition is a comprehensive reference on the bacterial, fungal, and viral pathogenic agents that cause animal disease. Now in full color with improved images throughout, the new edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect information from current research and diagstic and clinical publications. Key changes include a review of microbial cell structure and function and increased emphasis on the key points of pathogenesis and host responses to infection. Organized into four sections, the Third Edition begins with an updated and expanded introductory section on infectious disease pathogenesis, diagsis and clinical management. The second section covers bacterial and fungal pathogens, and the third section describes viral diseases and viruses. The final section presents a systematic approach of describing infection and disease of animals. Equally useful for beginning veterinary students and seasoned practitioners, Veterinary Microbiology offers a thorough introduction and reference text for veterinary infectious disease.
- Author BiographyDavid Scott McVey, DVM, PhD, DACVM, is Past President of ACVM and the Research Leader for the Arthropod-Borne animal Diseases Unit (USDA, Agricultural Research Service) in Manhattan, KS. Melissa Kennedy, DVM, PhD, is Past President of ACVM and Director of the Clinical Virology Diagnostic Service, College of Veterinary Medicine at University of Tennessee. M.M. Chengappa, BVSc, MVSc, MS, PhD, is Past President of ACVM and a University Distinguished Professor and Head of the Department Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2013
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1786 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byD. Scott McVey,M. M. Chengappa,Melissa Kennedy
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.