All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionVeterinary Toxicology is a unique single reference that teaches the basic principles of veterinary toxicology to any student at the DVM, MS or PhD level and will continue to serve as a clinical reference for practicing veterinary toxicologists, poison control centers, marine biologists, environmentalists, and animal scientists. While most comparable texts are primarily directed toward the field of human toxicology, this is the one text needed to thoroughly prepare future veterinarians on the newest approaches for diagsing poisoning cases in all animals from chemicals and plants of a diverse nature as a result of inadvertent, accidental, or malicious intents. Many chapters are provided on topics t covered in any previous books such as target organ toxicity, radiation and radioactive materials, FDA regulatory issues, and ethics in veterinary toxicology.
- Author BiographyDr. Ramesh C. Gupta, Professor & Head of Toxicology Department at Murray State university, is engaged in experimental brain research in relation to Alzheimer(s) disease (AD) and pesticide toxicity. He has delivered lectures in Australia, Italy, Japan, Germany, France, Switzerland, Spain, Czech Republic, China, South Korea, and Sweden. He served the panels of NIH, CDC, NIOSH, and NAS. He has >350 publications to his credit, including six major books: (1) Toxicology of Organophosphate and Carbamate Compounds, (2) Veterinary Toxicology: Basic and Clinical Principles, (3) Handbook of Toxicology of Chemical Warfare Agents, (4) Anticholinesterase Pesticides: Metabolism, Neurotoxicity, and Epidemiology, (5) Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, and (6) Biomarkers in Toxicology. He is recipient of Murray State University's distinguished researcher award of the year-2006. He is a diplomate of American Board of Toxicology, and fellow of American College of Toxicology, American College of Nutrition, and Academy of Toxicological Sciences.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 150 illustrations
- Weight3350 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Edited byRamesh C. Gupta
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.