All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.10
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing important practical aspects of nlinear vibration analysis, this book presents cases rarely discussed in the existing literature yet are of considerable interest to researchers and practical engineers, such as rotor dynamics and torsional vibration of engines. The book can be used t only as a reference, but also as a graduate-level text, as it develops the subject from its foundations and contains problems and solutions for each chapter. The book begins with a discussion of vibrations in linear systems with one degree of freedom, providing a mathematical and physical basis for the subsequent chapters. Linear systems with many degrees of freedom serve to introduce the modal analysis of vibrations as well as some useful computational procedures. The book then turns to continuous linear systems, discussing both analytical solutions that provide physical insights as well as discretization techniques that supply tools for actual computation. The discussion of nlinear vibrations includes a treatment of chaotic vibrations and other new insights. The book concludes with detailed discussions of the dynamics of rotating and reciprocating machinery.
- Author(s)Giancarlo Genta
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/12/1998
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1061 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 1999
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.