All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.85Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based on my experiences as a teacher and as a researcher for more than four decades. When I started teaching in the early 1950s, I became interested in the vibrations of plates and shells. Soon after I joined the Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn as a professor, I began working busily on my research in vibrations of sandwich and layered plates and shells, and then teaching a graduate course on the same subject. Although I tried to put together my lecture tes into a book, I never finished it. Many years later, I came to the New Jersey Institute of Techlogy as the dean of engineering. When I went back to teaching and looked for some research areas to work on, I came upon laminated composites and piezoelectric layers, which appeared to be natural extensions of sandwiches. Working on these for the last several years has brought me a great deal of joy, since I still am able to find my work relevant. At least I can claim that I still am pursuing life-long learning as it is advocated by educators all over the country. This book is based on the research results I accumulated during these two periods of my work, the first on vibrations and dynamical model- ing of sandwiches, and the second on laminated composites and piezoelec- tric layers.
- Author(s)Yi-Yuan Yu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/09/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight375 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.