Victimology: Theories and Applications by Albert R. Roberts, Cheryl Regehr, Ann Wolbert Burgess (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $149.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $104.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThoroughly revised and updated to reflect the most current trends and developments in the field, Victimology: Theories and Applications, Second Edition provides a comprehensive introduction to the study of victimization, crime typologies, and the impact of crime on victims, offenders, and society at large. Each chapter provides an overview of the scope, law, and victim response to crime and concludes with a summary and discussion questions to ensure comprehension. An overview of the issues impacting victims of a wide variety of traditional and contemporary crimes are examined, including child maltreatment, intimate partner violence, bullying, elder abuse, cybercrime and hate crimes. The history and theories of victimology are explored, as well as definitive laws and policies, strategies for intervention, and future research areas. This Second Edition offers a balance between theory and application and will prepare readers to work with victims, offenders, and the justice system. New to the Second Edition: -Contains new contemporary case studies, including the cases of IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Khan, Casey Anthony, and the Senator Scott Brown case as illustrating n-disclosure of childhood abuse for 40 years. -Includes an analysis on the Casey Anthony case from the perspective of the jury in the chapter on justice systems. -A new chapter includes discussions on domestic and international databases and studies, including UCR, NCVS, StatsCan, Justice Canada, Interpol, and WHO reports on victimization. -Includes a new chapter on child abduction and exploitation including a discussion of child trafficking. -All tables and figures have been updated to reflect the most current data. -Every new printed copy is pacakaged with full student access to the companion website, which features a variety of engaging and interactive study tools. Key Features: -Offers a balance between theory and the research and practice-oriented tools to prepare readers to work with victims, offenders, and the justice system. -Covers current topics including: human trafficking, victims of gang violence, bullying, victims of terrorism, victims of cybercrime, property crimes, corporate crimes, workplace violence, racial profiling and disproportionate penalties.
- Author(s)Albert R. Roberts,Ann Wolbert Burgess,Cheryl Regehr
- PublisherJones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSudbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight971 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.