All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn Victims of Cruelty, Maryanna Eckberg incorporates work with Vietnam veterans (the first to be diagsed with posttraumatic stress disorder) and the Chowchilla kidnapping victims. This personal testimony of how people can heal after trauma is also a professional book describing the effects of personal and political repression and how we can liberate our bodies and minds from terror.
- Author BiographyMaryanna Eckberg devoted her career to helping trauma victims and the victims of political torture. She worked for many years in El Salvador with the Commission on Human Rights, and at the Universidad Jose Simeon Canas. Her work during the last years of her life focused on publishing and speaking on somatic and verbal interventions in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder. She died in October of 1999.
- Author(s)Marianna Eckberg
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/11/2000
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.