All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionDig deep into the capital of British Columbia to take the mystery out of history . Victoria Underfoot is an unexpected and unusual look into the city underground. A team of British Columbia archaeologists looked everywhere to solve the mysteries down below, excavating houses, gardens and even the garbage dump! They reveal a history of Victoria that will surprise even the most kwledgeable historians, including tales of mysterious tunnels, hidden passageways and labyrinthine networks. There are stories of tunnels in Chinatown, which connected gambling rooms and opium dens and provided escape routes during police raids, and clean, bright tunnels used by government staff today. Colourfully illustrated with photographs and historical documents, Victoria Underfoot is an intriguing exploration of British Columbian subterranean searches. The authors' fantastic finds illustrate a history -- ancient and recent -- that is diverse and deep.
- Author BiographyNick Russell joined the BSAP as a cadet in 1975 and served at Sinoia and Kariba before attending Morris Depot where he formed part of the mounted squad for the opening of parliament. After graduation he was posted to uniform-branch duties at Mount Darwin and substations in the district. He transferred to Special Branch and spent two years, mostly in the Mt Darwin area, until the cessation of hostilities. He now lives in Australia.
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication27/10/2008
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos
- Weight258 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byBrenda Clark,Nick Russell,Nicole Kilburn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.