Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionNo electricity, gas, flushing toilet, and tractor! Could you survive a year on a Victorian farm? In this fascinating time-traveling experiment a team of historians spend a year recreating farm life in 1885. Accompanying the television series, this book follows the team as they try to run a farm using only materials and resources that would have been available to them in the Victorian era. This was a crucial period in the history of Britain--rapid industrialization had radically changed life in the cites but rural communities used a mixture of centuries-old and pioneering modern practices. Packed with informative text and photographs from the farm year, this book reveals exactly what the Victorians ate and wore and how they managed their animals, farmed the land, and organized their lives. Providing a real insight into life on a Victorian farm, this series is also a fascinating reminder of how history comes full circle. The organic diet of 1885, use of natural products for cleaning and healthcare, and interests in crafts and gardening are of increasing relevance today as we look for a more responsible way of living over 120 years later.
- Author BiographyAlex Langlands is the author of Victorian Farm.
- Author(s)Alex Langlands,Peter Ginn,Ruth Goodman
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication21/05/2010
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPavilion Books
- Weight1134 g
- Width196 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.