All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe senior British generals of the Victorian era - men like Wolseley, Roberts, Gordon and Kitchener - were heroes of their time. As soldiers, administrators and battlefield commanders they represented the empire at the height of its power. But they were a disparate, sometimes fractious group of men. They exhibited many of the failings as well as the strengths of the British army of the late nineteenth-century. And w, when the Victorian period is being looked at more critically than before, the moment is right to reassess them as individuals and as soldiers. This balanced and perceptive study of these eminent military men gives a fascinating insight into their careers, into the British army of their day and into a w-remote period when Britain was a world power.
- Author(s)Ian F. Beckett,Steven J. Corvi
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication16/07/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note30 Illustrations including maps
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.