All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book specifically addresses video shot boundary detection, which provides base for all video abstraction and high-level video segmentation approaches. Moreover, the other research areas which can benefit considerably from successful automation of shot boundary detection processes are distance learning, telemedicine, interactive television, digital libraries, multimedia news, video restoration and geographical information system. Despite all the research activity in shot boundary detection, there are some issues which have t been adequately addressed and need to be resolved. We discuss these major challenges in shot boundary detection and propose algorithms that can be adopted to find shot boundaries effectively. The mograph is intended to target a wide audience, both in academia and industrial research. It can also be used as research material for advanced courses in senior undergraduate and graduate programs. In this mograph we explore various major issues related to shot boundary detection which will be of tremendous importance in developing future search engines, multimedia and communication techlogies. Besides covering effective algorithms, the mograph also provides a detail literature survey and describes major metrics used for shot boundary detection, thereby making it self contained.Technical topics discussed in the mograph include:Effective algorithm for detecting various wipe patternsShot boundary detection in the presence of flashlightShot boundary detection in the presence of fire flicker and explosionShot boundary detection in the presence of illumination variation and motion.
- Author(s)Krishna K. Warhade,Shabbir N. Merchant,Uday B. Desai
- PublisherRiver Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRiver Publishers Series in Information Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationGistrup
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintRiver Publishers
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.