All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionAt the mention of Vienna, many visitors think of Sachertorte, romantic open carriage trips and an evening ine of local wine taverns. But the old imperial city has much more to offer - The Essence of Culture: Vienna presents a comprehensive, richly illustrated view of the art treasures to be found in the Danube metropolis. The main focus is on the baroque era with its magnificent church buildings and palaces including the Hofburg, Schonbrunn and Belvedere; historicism with its architectural highlights on the new Ringstrasse; and Viennese art uveau including artists Gustav Klimt and Oskar Kokoschka, the Wiener Werkstatte und Sezession. Well-founded essays on the beginnings of the history of art in Vienna and on the state of contemporary Viennese art round off the book.
- Author BiographyRolf Toman has worked as an independent art publisher for various international publishing houses for several decades. He authored and edited many acclaimed publications on art history and spirituality.
- PublisherUllmann Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationKonigswinter
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUllmann Publishing
- Weight1633 g
- Width146 mm
- Height163 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.