All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionKitty Ki is a film director and photographer from Vienna. In this book she goes on a journey of discovery in a place where everything already seems familiar. Kitty Ki portrays her Vienna on night-time wanderings. Kitty Ki's distinctive approach, her colour and image composition that borders on the abstract, together with her playfully applied 'pixilism', using a mobile phone as her camera, bring out qualities somewhere between photography and painting. 112 large-format images present the architecture and landmarks of the city suggestively, as a burst of colour and a sea of light, express a mood, an emotion. Photographic brush strokes. Plus lucis Vienna.
- Author BiographyKitty Kino, born in Vienna, is a graduate of the Universitat fur Musik und darstellende Kunst Wien, where she studied film and television. Her pioneering feature films, for instance Karambolage, Die Nachtmeerfahrt or Wahre Liebe, were shown at festivals and film events all over the world and received wide popular recognition at a time when Austrian films were hardly noticed outside the country. Her TV productions, for instance Das Gestandnis and Aktion C+M+B are much repeated audience magnets. In between her film projects, Kitty Kino directed experimental plays such as gesamtkunstwerke, including stage sets and costume design. In 2008 she published her first novel, Lara und die Insider. For her pioneering role as film maker the federal province of Vienna awarded her the Gold Medal of Merit in 2009. The photographic medium has opened a new artistic field for Kitty Kino. In the individual pictures she particularly enjoys the freedom from the narrative corset of film. She focuses on playing with intimations and ambiguities, capturing moments of great contrasts or strong symbolic power. Kitty Kino has shown her photographic work in numerous exhibitions.
- Author(s)Kitty Kino
- PublisherEdition Lammerhuber
- Date of Publication08/12/2014
- LanguageEnglish & German
- Place of PublicationBaden
- Country of PublicationAustria
- ImprintEdition Lammerhuber
- Content Note112 colour
- Weight2159 g
- Width280 mm
- Height355 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.