All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionMoving beyond past histories of Viet Nam that have focused on nationalist struggle, this volume brings together work by scholars who are re-examining centuries of Vietnamese history. Crossing borders and exploring ambiguities, the essays in Viet Nam: Borderless Histories draw on international archives and bring a range of inventive analytical approaches to the global, regional, national, and local narratives of Vietnamese history. Among the topics explored are the extraordinary diversity between rth and south, lowland and highland, Viet and mirity, and between colonial, Chinese, Southeast Asian, and dynastic influences. The result is an exciting new approach to Southeast Asia's past that uncovers the complex and rich history of Viet Nam.
- Author BiographyNhung Tuyet Tran is assistant professor of history at the University of Toronto. Anthony Reid is founding director of the Asia Research Institute at the National University of Singapore.
- Author(s)Charles Wheeler,George Dutton,Insun Yu,Kim Loan Hill,Li Tana,Phan Huy Le,Sun Laichen,Wynn Wilcox
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleNew Perspectives in Southeast Asian Studies
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Content Note5 b/w photos, 10 b/w illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAnthony Reid,Nhung Tuyet Tran
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.