All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.71
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $23.55Trending at AU $29.76
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.65
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.27
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.79
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $21.89
About this product
- DescriptionPAPERBACK INCLUDES FREE DOWNLOAD OF THE KINDLE EBOOKDO YOU WANT TO FIND THE SECRET TUNNEL ONCE USED BY VIETNAMESE PATRIOTS? (IT'S BEHIND A WALL IN A LOCAL BAR!)...A SECRET CAFE...OR THE GATES TO ANCIENT TEMPLES AND MUST-SEE FAMOUS PLACES? When you travel across the world to get to Vietnam and with a limited time frame, you want to experience the authentic Hai.'Hai Old Quarter City Walks' guides you to where hidden treasures and cultural Vietnamese icons are. Follow the carefully planned city walks with easy directions and maps.You can create your own silk route in Hang Gai Street or sip jasmine blossom tea in a restored traditional house. Kw where to go in the city and avoid being taken from pillar to pagoda by tour operators or the stressful 'free tour with a local'- just a free English lesson in disguise; you struggle with poorly spoken English, pay for all meals plus give a big tip.Hai Old Quarter is very easy to navigate like a local. Just head out of your hotel and walk the streets yourself! If you are a traveler who prefers to discover a city in your own time and at your own pace, then pack the best 7 walks in your bags or download.Simple, easy to follow maps to guide you on your walk. Easy to read and follow walking itineraries. Variety of 7 of the best guided walks to choose from. D.I.Y to suit your travel schedule. Walk at your own pace in your own time. Each walk is timed for approximate distance.Save travel dollars. No need to hire a tour guide.Includes important historic sights, architecture and history.You get valuable insights into The Old Quarter. Practical tips for walking the city. Highlights places of cultural interest with visitor information. Great suggestions for iconic local places to drink and eat along the way.The two expatriate authors' pick of famous cafes, street food places and restaurants.Two expat creative, living like locals for 8 years, researched Hai's history, walked the streets and wrote this 'walking specific' guidebook in clear, easy to understand English. For the first time, the famous streets of Hai's Ancient Old Quarter come alive on the pages of this new D.I.Y street walking guide. Walk all 7 best walks and you'll leave Hai kwing the Hai Old Quarter as well as the locals do.Explore the vibrant, interesting neighborhoods in a complete and efficient way. Discover true insider insights from two expatriates who kw and love this vibrant 'Paris of the East.' As with many cities, there's better way to experience local street life than by using your own two feet. Walking as a tourist in an ancient Asian city can be exhilarating and exciting when you kw exactly where to go. Open the right doors with this guide to the Old Quarter and walk in the footsteps of a thousand years of Vietnamese traditions.The text is a true insiders view of the Old Quarter streets: accurate descriptions of history, where to stop, shop, eat, drink and explore.ONE OF THREE NEW FAT NOODLE TRAVEL BOOKS WRITTEN BY TWO CREATIVE EXPATS. NOW YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF TO THE REAL VIETNAMESE EXPERIENCE WHEN YOU TRAVEL IN VIETNAMEVEN IF YOUR TRIP HAS A LIMITED BUDGET OR TIGHT TRAVEL SCHEDULE... you get the real authentic experience. Concise and relevant. Designed for every traveler who want to get as much authenticity into their vacation as possible, within the time restraints of the busy outbound and inbound travel schedules. Related Tags: traveling, traveller, travel guides, general travel reference, budget.travel, budget-travel, budget travel, cheap travel, southeast asia travel, city walks, walking tours, senior travel, travel writing reference, travel-hai, travel-vietnam, Vietnamese history, Vietnamese culture, Vietnamese people, Vietnamese food, Vietnamese cooking, foodies vacation, foodies travel, foodie-travel.
- Author BiographyTwo creative expatriates wrote this new guidebook about Hanoi Old Quarter, the Paris of the East...a place they lived in and love. The love affair with Hanoi...starts here.Susan Blanshard was born in Hampshire, England. An acclaimed Poet, Essayist and Novelist. She is the author of 45 works of fiction, poetry, essays, non-fiction and an executive poetry editor for translated works by Vietnamese writers'. Susan has a background as Senior Copywriter.Bruce Blanshard is of French descent. A Writer and Visual Artist. Bruce has authored over 30 works of non-fiction. He has designed, produced and published work for Vietnamese Writers. Bruce has a background as an award-winning Executive Creative Director.They spent eight years in Vietnam and return regularly to visit their Vietnamese friends and eat on the streets.
- Author(s)Fat Noodle
- PublisherPage Addie Press
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPage Addie Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.