Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionVietnam: Remembrances of a Native American Soldier is about the recollections of a young Native American soldier who served eighteen months in Vietnam as a MACV advisory team radio operator in 1966-68. Camp An Phu was an isolated, former, Special Forces A Team camp near the Cambodian border. During this time, he had extensive contact with rural Vietnamese civilians and soldiers. From his unique perspective, he developed a sympathetic view of the life struggles that the Vietnamese people endured on a daily basis. This book tells of the hardships, humor, love, and death of these Vietnamese and their American advisors. During the time period, 1966 to 68, I spent 18 months in Vietnam as a US Army radio operator at a remote advisory team camp on the Cambodian border living with and advising Vietnamese soldiers. As part of an eight-man American team, we interacted with the Vietnamese on a daily basis and had little contact with American forces. As a Native American soldier, I looked like a tall Vietnamese soldier and was sometimes mistaken for one. Over 18 months, I became very familiar with Vietnamese soldiers and civilians and their lifestyle.
- Author(s)Ron C Wood
- Date of Publication12/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.