Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionKing Solomon said a cheerful heart is good medicine. So if you begin to operate on the assumption that the Bible is t just ather dust magnet, an assumption that puts you at odds with most of the world and then you find out you're mentally ill, a fact that puts you at odds with yourself and the rest of the world, what are you going to do? Cry? Or figure it out? In the life of a bipolar person, judgment is a matter of brain chemical roulette, emotions are t to be trusted and reason takes the last train home. Relationships rise and fall with the mood swings. It's a monster and Tracy Revalee has been battling it for decades. If you get in the rollercoaster car with her you'll get to growl back at a dog, defy your ghosts and try to interview a pig. Like any good journalist, she asks the hard questions: Where did I get that car? What is the difference between hay and straw? Why am I avoiding the mall? At the end of the day, even if you don't kw all the answers, this book will point you toward a larger truth. That's what makes the journey, whether it's up, down or sideways, a joyful one. If you or someone you kw lives with mental illness, this scenery may be familiar: mania, job-hopping, broken relationships and breakdowns. In this book, dated chapters will guide the reader through a journey of time, place and experience to the healing shelter of a due by the sea. It's a n-linear trip. The subtitle, Unsteady Essays and Bipolar Bylines, describes a structure that incluldes brief essays on a jewel of a neighborhood, a dangerous dog and a nameless pig. For starters. Employing song and narrative, the author is a peaceful guide for a bumpy ride.
- Author BiographyTracy Ebbert Revalee was drafted into the U.S. Navy at birth as the daughter of a naval aviator. Due to his career and her mother's belief that the family should live together no matter where he was stationed, Tracy attended thirteen schools before graduating at the age of seventeen. She was diagnosed with bipolar illness in her early twenties. If her childhood was chaotic, her adult life was explosive. She attended three colleges, dropped out, moved to California to write songs, moved back to Virginia and attended classes at seven colleges before earning a B.S. in Communications eighteen years after graduating from high school. Then she had her first and only child. She has held at least fifty-two jobs for varying lengths of time. She has been married four times. She has written articles for newspapers and for small magazines, including Employment Today and Richmond Review, as well as composing dozens of songs, since 1979. Tracy has been married nearly 15 years to the dashing and patient Frank Revalee, of Liberty, IN. They enjoy traveling and the company of their children and grandchildren.
- Author(s)Tracy Ebbert Revalee
- PublisherThistlebone Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThistlebone Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.