All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of Szymborska's work reveals her to be concerned with the unglamorized actualities of the human condition. She is one of a generation of Polish poets which witnessed the years of Soviet oppression and spoke for the feelings of the Polish people.
- Author BiographyWislawa Szymborska was born in Bnin, Poland, in 1923, and has lived in Krakow since 1931. She studied at Krakow University and worked at Zycie Literackie, the literary journal, as poetry editor and columnist from 1950 to 1981. She has published many collections of poetry, and has been awarded the Goethe Prize (1991), the Herder Prize (1995), the Polish PEN prize (1996) and the Nobel Prize for Literature (1996). View with a Grain of Sand (1996) and Poems, New and Collected (1999) are both published by Faber.
- Author(s)Wislawa Szymborska
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication23/10/1996
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight220 g
- Width125 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Translated byStanislaw Baranczak,Clare Cavanagh
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.