All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionViking Language 2: The Old Norse Reader (the 2nd book in the Viking Language Series) immerses the learner in Old Norse and Icelandic. Readings include a wealth of Old Norse myths, legends, complete Icelandic sagas, poems of the Scandinavian gods, runic inscriptions. There is a large vocabulary and a full reference grammar. Selections from Old Norse and rune texts range from the doom of the gods at the final battle Ragnarok to descriptions of the dwarves' gold and the ring that inspired Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, Wagner's Ring Cycle, and a host of modern fantasy.
- Author BiographyJesse Byock teaches Viking history and archaeology, early Icelandic society, medieval feuds, and Old Norse saga literature. An archaeologist, Professor Byock directs the Mosfell Archaeological Project and is a Professor at the Cotsen Institute of Archaeology focusing on Viking Archaeology. He has published widely on the society, archaeology, literature, and history of medieval Scandinavia with writings translated into numerous languages.
- Author(s)Jesse L. Byock
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note57 illustrations
- Weight738 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.