Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionEdoardo Villa is one of South Africas most respected sculptors. His creativity has been characterised by a disciplined work ethic encapsulated in his phrase, to work is to live. At the age of 90 he still adds monumental pieces to his prodigious body of work. The book, conceived as a tribute to coincide with Villas 90th birthday, is a rich visual document of his sculptural development over six decades. Lavishly illustrated with photographs of the contemporary works by Mario Todeschini, and a gallery of finely distilled historical images by Egon Guenther, the wealth of photographs t only provides the reader with both the full trajectory of Villas evolving oeuvre, but also chronicles his life from his early beginnings in Bergamo right through to his 2005 landmark exhibition at Lanzerac in the Western Cape. The essays offer insights into how Villa forged a unique and productive oeuvre from the European and African sculptural influences which converged in both his life and his work. This book, with its generous array of pictures and careful analysis, will help ensure that his remarkable work becomes more widely kwn, both nationally and internationally.
- PublisherJonathan Ball Publishers SA
- Date of Publication23/09/2005
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJonathan Ball Publishers SA
- Content Notecolour & b/w photos
- Weight2465 g
- Width330 mm
- Height285 mm
- Edited byAmalie von Maltitz,Elizabeth Burroughs,Karel Nel
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.