CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe Peak District is an area of outstanding natural beauty in the heart of England. It was the first National Park to be created in the country and is the second most visited National Park in the World. It is t just for the magnificent scenery that people flock to the Park, but to explore its picturesque villages and border towns. Beautiful churches, cosy pubs, pretty village greens, ancient buildings and colourful events dating back centuries, many of which still survive today, add to its appeal. Lead mining played an important role in the development of the area and it was in the Derwent Valley, where the Industrial Revolution commenced. Over the years intriguing legends and often amusing stories of some of the fascinating characters who lived in the area have become folklore, helping to bring bygone days back to life. This book takes the reader on an entrancing guided tour of the towns and villages in the area. Places of special interest are neatly divided into regions to enable a whole host of superb days out to be planned. These range from magnificent country houses to museums telling their stories of local communities, from stalgic steam railways to subterranean caverns and adventure parks.
- Author BiographyDenis Eardley has been writing local interest features and walks for the Derby Telegraph for over 12 years. He has compiled eleven Discover Derbyshire and two Discover Derby supplements, as well as writing for Yesterday Today and the award winning Derbyshire Magazine. He has written four books on Derby and Derbyshire, including 'Villages of the Peak District' (Amberley, 2012).
- Author(s)Denis Eardley
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication31/12/2009
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Width120 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.